05 September 2007

4th Years Plan Series : Part 17 - Law of Attraction


Oh yeah..third day of my training programme. The first week is supposed to be an introductory to the company, something like our orientation back in our college days. The difference is that it lasted much longer compared to the latter. Besides having the option to learn more about the company, i got a chance to meet new Earthlings too. Some people might think that people from the West are tall and arrogant people. Well, think again. During my 3 days visit here in Holland, I have met 2 interesting groups of Earthlings.

Firstly, on the first day here, I bumped into a Malaysian. And guess what, he is doing Master here. I was surprised to find out that small city like Delft has 2 universities. They are well-known for aerospace and irrigation engineering. Something very new to me. No wonder they have the best irrigation in Netherland. Since we are from the same country, I was invited to his house in Delft which was a few block away from my hotel.

Actually, this student I met just moved to a new house. I could not imagine that he paid 775 EURO just for this 800sq ft of covered building block. I was served with fresh apples, teh-tarik and keropok. I would really love to thank them for their hospitality. Just for your info, they are Bumiputera. I believe that the law of attraction brought us togehter. I am sure when we were in foreign country, it is much more closer when we meet someone from the same nation. Don't you think so? That is wat I called the sense of belonging as we came from the same land. Too bad that this does not apply back in Malaysia. The reason why I love travelling is because I could see things from a different point of view. Not only the weather and scenery but the people and culture. Since the election is coming soon, I am hoping that harmony should presered. A democratic country like Malaysia gives us the option to vote. So do vote for the party we trust who can preserved harmony. Just do not tarnish our country's name with critics and with songs like "N..ku ku". Just come back and start voting. Or if those people can do better, come out and get people vote for you.

The next group was colleagues who are coming from different countries all over the world. Though majority is the Dutch, we have Hongkies, German, Austria and even Moroccan. Some stayed in the same hotel and we walked to work daily. It is amazing to share views with these people. They are friendly and open-minded too. Those Dutch people are really nice and I am surprised one of them does know the Asian culture very well. I found this training as a way for me to explore even deeper instead of just fr work purposes. There was this night where we were lead to a old factory. Guess what, we cooked there. Each of us are group together and in charge of a dishes. Of course there are professionals guiding us. I was doing the soup and very satisfied with it and so does the crowd.

After all the hard work, we gathered around the round table or the long table. All of us trying out the dishes we MADE ourselves. As usual, law of attraction brought us together. We have fun and enjoyed it so much. Well, the atmosphere was amazing. If only I could have such gathering once more.

Quote of the Day :
"Attraction is the first step, relation is the next"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, well, sound like you have real good time there...why not nasi lemak for next makan ? Tell us more...waiting...waiting...