17 August 2007

4 Years Plan Series - Part 12 : Yet Another Millions


Yo...I am back with my next part of my 4 years plan marathon write-up. My readers have been anticipated for this, the whole week. First of all, I apologize for all the misery caused as I am already started my new job. As people said "Great Power comes with Big Responsibility". I would like to postpone my 1st week new working experience story since there is something i need to talk about this week. As promised, this will be something to do with my stocking experiences. Hope Mr. C will be glad to know I am writing this at last.....

For those who have been keeping themselves updated with the market(i am not talking about mini-market or night-market here) lately, there has been a turbulence happening in US. Due to some increase in interest over the country, it has affected most of the Asian and Europe markets. There are lots of worries going around because of the sudden drop in the stock exchange. Frankly speaking, I have been making investment in it for the past 1year. No doubt I have been making losses since then. Investment is more than making money. It requires knowledge, experience and also some patience to get things right. Though 1 year is not a very long time, but I have been losing almost 5 figures amount. Many people will be wondering what the hack am i doing. Seriously, this is not a small figure to me. People like me who got only earn a couple of RINGGITTO every month after 176 hours a month, it does make a big impact to me. I guess all this while I have been a trader instead of an investor. The biggest mistake a trader does is BUY HIGH and SELL LOW because of the fluctuation of the market. Whereas an investor will never fear what the market will turn up to be since the money they invested is for long term. At the same time, they buy QUALITY shares.

This is similiar to SHOPPING. When we shop, it is good to buy QUALITY stuff at a reasonable price. In this generation where most city dwellers are more concern is...QUALITY. Quality products really last longer compared to cheap one. For example, when you buy a car. If you could really afford a QUALITY car, get it and it will last you for 5 years without any BIG worries. Sometimes it might be cheap to get one that is BIG and NICE externally, unfortunately what is within that matters. So what I have learnt from the stock market is that INVEST in quality instead of quantity. Go for those with HIGH DIVIDEND YIELD, go for those that has good ANNUAL REVENUE and go for those that you could see them PERFORMING WELL year-after-year. EXAMPLE : Look at R, so many people willing to go up the hill to enjoy the Theme Park and Entertainment Arena. Look at U, they are developing the biggest project in the southern region. Look at M, they going to build the second norther link. Well, I could say the tuition fees to get this experience is costly but it worth taking it. If you never fall, how you learn the way to get up anyway. May be I am not the lucky one who have professional to give me guidance into thinking more to INVESTING rather than TRADING. From now on, I really getting myself into investing in quality products. Anything that can last me 5 years is GOOD. If I have a good financial statement, I will buy a GOOD QUALITY car....or I will buy a GOOD QUALITY notebook...or I will buy a GOOD QUALITY house or I will buy a GOOD QUALITY lcd tv and so on.

Another thing I have learnt is BE MORE PATIENT. You need to know when to buy and when to sell. Of course, I am not talking about listening to rumours on buying or selling. Why we invest? Because we want our investment to bring us profit as it will be compounded year after year. Furthermore, we can just take a small portion of our salary to make an investment according to our capability. Never go to the extreme unless you are MILLIONAIRE or you have a MONEY-GENERATING MACHINE. Do not blame the market or blame anyone when doing investing as all the decision is still depends on you. Never let the market or other's opinion to decieve you from believing the QUALITY stock that you are investing. Be a SMART investor and not a EMOTIONAL one.

Now I have already make my move to get myself attached to QUALITY stocks, hence I do not worry much on the market ups and downs now. And of course, there must be on and off monitoring and keeping myself updated to the market performance. I am confident that the market will rebound again based on the strong fundamental of our economy growth. I am not a fund manager, you can ignore me. But trust me if 1997 crisis does reoccur, it will not affect people who are DEBT-FREE.

As usual, all these are my personal experiences. If it suits you, think about it and give it a try. If all these are just another B*LLS**T for you, just ignore it. May be what really make someone realise is by experiencing it. You can try to be a trader. And hope you will succeed. If you do, please do buy me lunch! There are lots of way of investing, be it in stocks or knowledge...always look for QUALITY!!! Good Luck

Quote of the Day :
"Emotional do not solve a problem but wisdom does"

No comments: