06 August 2007

4 Years Plan Series : Part 4 - DIGI-mon


I think I am getting too excited into blogging lately. Since another week to go before I get myself busy like a bee again, it is good for me to write more instead. After all, I could improve my English too. Ha Ha.

This series I am going to talk about Digi-mon. For those who has an idea what it is all about, please set that idea aside. I am not referring to the Japanese anime where small cute character turning into big dinasour to fight evil intruders to save the planet. What i actually meant is DIGI-Marketing On Newspaper.

If you ever notice, each single day in TheStar newspaper there is this ad on DIGI prepaid or postpaid. Remember the YELLOW man + the I WILL FOLLOW YOU songs + THE DUCKLING? Basically, all these are part of the RE-BRANDING or MARKETING PLAN they have lined up for this year. I truly feel that their action did pay a good return in terms of recognition. Now who dare say that they do not know who is the YELLOW man...and who will not think of DIGI because of the I WILL FOLLOW YOU song. Why they are doing so? The reason is they need to stand out from their competitors like M company and C company. When there is competition in the market.....then only we have improvement...AGREE?
If you totally agree with me, then i shall proceed to tell you more about why I have come out with my 4 years plan. The main idea why i narrate a story on DIGI here is to make clearer picture of the importance of RE-BRANDING. Most of us think that only if we have a BRAND then we are able to RE-BRAND it. Think again..it is not necessary!!..It is different from things like
> we need a NAME to RE-NAME
> we need a LOCATION to RE-LOCATE
> we need a SETTING to RE-SET
> we need a VIEW to RE-VIEW
> we need a CEIVE to RE-CEIVE (haha, just kidding no such thing..take it as a joke)

We human beings also need to do some RE-BRANDING once a while. After all, there are much more competitors out there for us to face compared to what DIGI is facing. Got the point? This coming 4 years is like a roller-coaster or a space shot for me as there are many things that need my attention. Achieving them take time, money, perseverance and energy. I guess DIGI is encountering the same situation before the launch of their YELLOW trademark. As part of my journey towards the end of 2007, I have lined up a couple of new discovery for myself such as
> Taking up a Japanese class (learn basic one will do)
> Leaving my HIGH post to explore what else is out there ( big risk...cham)
> Blogging so to share my thoughts (hoping someone will knock me and tell that what i am doing is TOTALLY insane)
Let me only highlight 3 items for a start instead of having all listed. Sad if cannot fulfill all at the end of the year.

Since the competition is getting really intense out there. If we do not spend time to enlighten or seek room of improvement, we will be lacking behind like the 60s or 70s. Ever heard of the saying "I Eat Salt more than You Eat Rice" aka "我吃盐多过你吃米. Oh my my, I heard it ample of times. This saying only applicable for those who bornt in before 60s. People are using this phrase to protray on the experience they had. Why the word "SALT" is used? Ever wonder? Personally, I feel that people then really had HARD times going through the life experience. They use such phrase to push what they believe back in the OLD times. I am not saying that their believe/experience is not applicable AT ALL in this century. But we need to really pick and select the appropriate one as part of our RE-BRANDING process. Be a wise CONSUMER, select those needed and leave those un-wanted. Besides that, I never like to use that phrase when talking to people as I never experience EXTREMELY HARD TIME (or the SALT) before. I consider myself lucky and I believe most of us are. What we need is to appreciate everything that comes to us. As part of the RE-BRANDING, I share my thoughts and experiences here so that people out there could have a point to ponder or an inspiration towards seeking their goal in life. As I said "Through sharing you are learning".

Let me sum up everything again here. When i mentioned RE-BRANDING, it means we should seek improvement in oneself. Based on the experience we had previously (the SALT) or by exploring, we could do tremendous things out of our life. Never stop learning. You can take a break but not too long. Be a YELLOW man yourself, FOLLOW your path and DIGI-talize your goals from A to Z...and start taking action on it.

Quote of the Day :
"Through sharing you are learning"

No comments: