31 August 2007

4 Years Plan Series - Part 15 : Self Portration


Wow, every hours..every minutes...every seconds...every miliseconds..every microseconds...have just passed by us without us noticing them. Finally we came to another week of my new write-up. Though I am 7 days out from writing one, I am totally overwhelmed with the response I got from my readers. Picking up 2 Your Say series was my biggest achieving for the week. Sometimes, you never know how much you can write until the time you act on it. I guess those who feature in my Your Say series would be surprised that they could write a lengthy comments as well. Speaking out what is within are not easy, but putting them in words are more difficult. Salute to those who have the courage and passion to share their stories here. It is an honour to have you guys/gals putting your thoughts in my blog.

Some said that my write-up are a 'photocopy' from somewhere else. Frankly speaking, most of the topics which appeared in my blog are really common to everyone. Hence, it gave an impressiong to people that they are imitations. To tell the truth, I am putting common issue in my own point of view. At the same time, I am trying to share what I have gone through as part of thos common topics. Getting the inspiration to write is not easy. Putting them into words and share it to "READERS" are not YASASHI at all. Sometimes we see people do things and we feel like it is very simple. And we tend to ignore the complexity of it. But once we got our hand into them, we shall feel what it is like in other's people 'shoe'. I challenge those who said that writing a blog is simple. Share your thoughts here and see how well you could impress your reader. Without proper thoughts and the feelings, the write up will not turn out impressive. And of course, TOKIDOKI I am happy with what I wrote and TOKIDOKI I feel my write-up is not good enough. But I wanna keep the passion to write. In some way, i strongly believe my English will improve at the same time some people in this WORLD shall find my sharing is useful. Hence, I would thank those who could meet my 100 words condition to write their sharing. I am sure without those inspiration and words from your heart, you will be able to write that much. Ganbate desu ne!!!

Alright, let's come back to my topic. What is self portration? This topic came to my mind when I was walking home from work the other day. I saw nice people along the way, pleasant one, rude one, self-fish one and crazy one as well. I am glad the salesgirl smiled to me even when I did not buy anything in the shop. I am surprised the customer service lady who assisted me with all my queries for almost 30 minutes. I am annoyed with those bikers who rule the road during the Independence Day and never thought of the safety of car drivers and themselves. All these are self-protration. What kind of value you want to protray to others? I am not talking about hypocrite here, so please omit that out when if you wish to continue reading. Of course, hypocrisy does exist - you go and settle them.

People around us have great values in them but they fear to portray them. This might be due to shyness or fear or may be the environment or society. Let us take charity for an example. Have you ever see those people who came to your table during lunch to ask for charity. I never 'bow' to this group of people. I am not portraying to be a mean person but I am just do not believe this type of collection. Instead, I go for bigger organisation. Why? Because they will do the rest for us. Just make your payment to them and they shall channel to those who in needs. The amount of contribution is solely dependent on individual capabilities. And those who do not do charity, does not mean they are not kind. Sometimes, I feel very bad since what i could do is only giving out money to charity. I am impressed by those who put their effort(physically) into helping others too. The main idea here is how you want to portray yourself is all dependence on your own thoughts. Bring out the best in oneself is very important.

Another thing is those popular stalls we had in our country. Because they are famous, people throng to those area to try out the food. If the food is nice, it is worth giving a try. What i am furious the most is the attitude of the owner. Some are really portraying a d***l. That what makes their food sucks. They lost the courtesy when they initially started those business. Guess money and reputation really change a person. I understand that when someone reach a certain level, their expectation is higher. Well, that still could be tolerated. Unfortunately, some just do not know how to be modest. Today, I went to one of a well-known seafood noodle stall for lunch in Alor. Good service and nice food. I admired these people the most. One staff even spoke Japanese to the Nihon-jin tourist. I am impressed and hope our country will be well known for their courtesy rather then the technologies. Self-portration is utmost important when it comes to recognisation. Don't you think so?

You can always smile to your own genders and it does not necessary to be the opposite sex. Be nice to people around you. As people said, what comes around and it goes around. Have you ever ask what others think about you? If not, try it out. You may find wonders from their words or even find negatives remark too. Knowing your weaknesses is not a bad idea after all. At least, you will take prevention or minimise it instaed. Though it is not easy to eliminate it but at least it gives you a second thought when you repeat it again. Did anyone tell you that you are warm-hearted? This kind of compliments can really boost your confidence. So think again how you want to portray yourself. Cultivate it and see the results. Let others take you as their IDOL. Be a good example to people around you. Not forgetting too, treasure those great values you have and share with others. Try not to change others but showcase your quality and eventually people will see it.

^Yasashi (Japanese) = Easy
^Tokidoki(Japanese) = Sometimes
^Nihon-jin(Japanese) = Japanese

Quote of the Day :

"Knowing oneself is the most difficult task in life so why are we judging others?"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st of all my appology to you, if my comments of "photostat" hurt you and I didn't really mean it. Is all because of your 三八 cousin hard selling your blog to us on that day, and we was just joking with your cousin only. I truely believe all this articles are bottom of heart.

Prof H. said...

Oh dear...no worries...I am not that "small gas"...My cousin's feedback actually inspired me to write. Please do forgive me too..cheers