09 August 2007

4 Years Plan Series : Part 8 - The Fantastic Minion(s)


I do apologize to all my fellow readers for coming out with a very dull write-up yesterday. Sorry that I took my bed time story and put them in the posting. Part 7 is rather my personal memories of the past. In fact, every one of you should really try out the public transport out there. Though Bus 11 is still a preference for some of you, the weather is killing us softly.
Why am I rushing to write so many series lately? Some of you may wonder why. Well, I guess time is running out soon as my work is starting next week. Before my job is going to drain all my energy, it is best if I could really vomit out all my words here. Before I go into the world of “If..else..then..end if” or “while x = 1” or “E=mc2”…haha..i mean “mong cha cha”….time to get my blogging power to the fullest.

Ah…hah…..this series will be another salutation to all my guardian angels out there since the day I was born. These people are all MEN, great men that share my journey since 1981. Let’s not waste any time and start the engine…..READY..GO….

1. After talking so much about mom. Of course, this time I must pay some respect to the man behind my existence. I can say I am like dad too (though many said I looked difference from my dad, mom, brother and even sister but I am no ALIEN).Cause we do listen more than talking. Listen to my story about him now

- He seldom talked to us but he supported us from behind.
- He spent lesser time with us but he worked hard because of us.
- He never asked how well you have done for this semester but he will never miss paying my schooling fees.
- He seldom asks how my migraine is but he is willing to spend thousand for my MRI checkup.
- He seldom complains why I always get sick but he pays all my medical fees.

I can say that I have terrible childhood experience dealing with health. But I never give up because I have this angel around me. After 21 years of UPs (40%) and DOWNs(60%), I manage to recover from all those miserable things that happened. But now, dad is getting old. He is nearly 2 decades older than our Independence Day. He was one of the person who can remember things well (better than me and of course much much better than Mr.F…hehe). You can ask him about who this hot chick from US is or who this handsome actor from HK is. He can give you an answer immediately. As time passed, he is getting a bit delay in giving those responses now (Don’t worry he is doing fine, just that old and cannot remember much). I guess when the wrinkles start growing on his forehead, it is not easy to keep those memories up there. No one can escape from this RULE of life though. But I am glad that he is still strong to work at his age. Dad, do not worry. I will be your angel now. We will play more MAHJONG during weekends to help you with your memories. See you again this weekend; I will not lose this time…:-P.. Arigato Gozaimasu D.A.D for becoming my Guardian Angel.

2-3. Next, comes to my schooling days. This period of time, I have made 2 best friends. They were with me since primary till secondary. We did argued most of the time over tiny things. But finally we managed to work things out and get back together. Guardian Angel 1 was a good companion as we always take the bus back home and guess what both of us stayed in the RED LIGHT zone (different area though). Not forgetting too, a good team member too as we always team up when it comes to school projects. After I came back from UK, we did meet once but then he has shunned from us now. Is it because of something I said last time? Hmm…never mind, it is not important anymore. If it is really too much for him to take my words, I apologize. Thousand apologies.
Alright, let me talk about the other friends of mine. He is chubby and short. Ha ha. Do not feel offended wor. Just telling the truth. This fellow is really a great guy and glad that he is tying the knot soon. Omedeto Gozaimasu! He was the one who introduce me to stock investment. Though I made more losses than profits but it is something very interesting to venture in. He always updates me with the latest news. SMSed me and even called me most of the time because of stock. He is really a funny guy but I am glad that I am the first person he thinks of when there is crisis in the market. Do not worry mate, I appreciated what you did…sorry for not answering your call lately because I am BUSY blogging!! Actually I have learnt something from stock investment too. He has been bugging me lately to talk about my stocking experience. Well, may be I should. As for you, try to learn from mistake also or else you are losing too!! Arigato Gozaimasu Mr C(s) for becoming my Guardian Angel.

4. In my college day, I have made many friends. All of them are great one. But there is this special guy who I must pay a tribute to. When we first met, he came to me and asks whether I could be his team member. Without a second thought, my answer is “YES”. That is when the bond is built. From then on, we are best team mates for the rest of the group projects for the next 3 years. I was a really study nerd back then. And sometimes I do have difficult times dealing with my assignments and projects. Though he did not help me directly but his attitude towards what lies in front of him made me impressed. His golden words .. “Can one, let me show you..”. He has indirectly made me see things from another point of view. Possibility to do the things you WANT to do. He knows what he wants and he will do it. Congratulation on your Master graduation and glad you went into a company that suit you! During my final year in UK, we shared the same room. I can vote him as the best roommate. You know what he sacrificed the bed to me and he slept on the floor. I really feel bad for him. But after all, I appreciated what he did till now. Arigato Gozaimasu Mr E for becoming my Guardian Angel.

5. Entering the working world is not easy. In my first job, I have been working from BANDAR UTAMA to DAMANSARA HEIGHTS to BDR SRI PERMAISURI to MALURI. Changing my work place almost once a year but I am still sticking to the same company. People has been telling me why I am so loyal. Frankly speaking, I am not. But I just feel that working for a company required determination. Less complaint and do more work. And of course I am happy to have a good supervisor. This white hair man that I am referring here is totally amazing. I cannot believe how he can survive all these years. Learning from him was fun and glad that we clicked. Though he is a bit “kedekut” monetarily, but he never “kedekut” when sharing his wisdom. I have tried to learn as much as possible from him. I think he only mad of me about 2-3 the most. But I never keep it at heart because I knew the pressure he had which I myself feeling it when handling my team. If only we put ourselves in other shoes than we can “smell” the stink they experiencing. Frankly speaking, I am not a good student though. Spending almost 5 years with him, I could not even grab 20% of his endurance. Too bad I quit the job and joining a new one soon. Guess I just need to give myself a chance to see the world. This special man has brought turbulence in my tenure of working life but I enjoyed it. Thanks for your SMS wishes and I shall work smarter in future. I wish him good health so he could still work hard for the company. Arigato Gozaimasu Mr. H for becoming my Guardian Angel.

Oh dear, my soup is boiling…let us take a break.
These people may not be Datuk or Datin or CEO but their contributions in my life have truly made a difference. There are other guardian angels out there. But I cannot write too long. Let me share it with you when the time is right. Ok, I believe everyone has their own guardian angels in life. Mind to share with me? I love to hear great stories from you now. Please do not hesitate to tell how you feel. If you keep it to yourself, then you will bring them along until your R.I.P date. Sorry for making you offended but…………………………….

^Arigato Gozaimasu (Japanese) = Big thank you
^Omedeto Gozaimasu(Japanese) = Congratulation

Quote of the Day :
"Angels come in many forms. Cherish people who stand within your scope of eye view”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As i read the part 8, i wondering why is he talking about angel ah ? i just commented rather posted my praise to him as my angel...anyway i feel i always think a little faster than him at times...
you are right, we have many angels in our life, they have different task and shown at different timing..but not all of them make you ingat sampai mati, tapi don;t ignore they have once appeared in your life. Those you can remember are those really touched your heart. A lot of time we hope dead the particular angel we want will appear to help us during our crisis, ended up someone never come across your mind is your spider man at the time you needed most, agree ?
Dont feel sad,readers, you too have angels with you, just you are not sensitive enough to feel them. Give,,your love and you shall be received.....

Anonymous said...

Yes!! I part of stories

Anonymous said...

I love this blog....U are really my admirer....keep it up!!!

Prof H. said...

First of all, thanks to Anonymous for your appraisal. But I am not your admirer. You are my admirer...hehe...hope to know who this admirer is...i will keep writing

EnocH said...

Oh wow, what a tribute. Thanks mate. I only gave up the bed cause I was afraid you couldn't stand my stench. ;)

But seriously, I still acknowledge you to others as my sifu. Thanks for the friendship man!

Whats this stock market experience? You haven't shared that with me!