04 August 2007

4 Years Plan Series : Part 2 - Exhaustion vs Satisfaction


Welcome to the part 2 of my 4 years plan series. This time revolved around something happen within my home sweet home. Little things that really brought some satisfaction after a day of exhaustion. To tell you the truth, my 1.5 months break has finally comes to an end. Taking a long break truthly make me see things differently. Though I have not spent the whole 1.5 months doing travelling but during the period, there were self-made up chores now and then.
Before taking the break, I was scratching my head wondering what i should plan to do. Things like travelling, visiting long lost friends, learning new skills, opening new accounts and etc. Frankly speaking, it seems that those stuffs could be completed within a week. Unfortunately, it has really dragged me throughout the whole month which eventually i have to follow up till today! Strange but true..believe it or not ( Patrick's believe it or not...Ripley stays away!)
Let me share 5 things that I have actually done during this 1.5 months. Some of them are simple things which I have not done since i graduated!!

1. GARDENING - Some might laugh! What the hack am I doing! Since the day mom has left us, there are things left behind that I never thought of doing. Frankly speaking, I started to like it. Did some re-arranging the pots of plants to ensure they get enough sunlight. Since rainy days have gone, Mr. Sunny has come to play his part. Too much sunshine can really damage this lovely Mother Nature of mine. Well, finally it was completed and now it is time for them to grow. As for me, 2 out of 4 avocado seeds that I have planted, it actually grew! Yes, AVOCADO...those they normally used for making Dim Sum. One of them was saved by me after 2 days of sunshine without any water. I was totally forgotten about it since I was in Pulau Ketam. It dried up but I never give up. After much effort, it started to grow again!! Check out this link
http://www.friendster.com/photos/3720742/1/975916319

2. COMPUTER ROOM CLEANING SPREE - It has been years since I cleaned up the room. Since the day it broke down, no one ever touched the desktop PC. I have once tried to fixed it but I lost hope. During this long break, I determined again to give another try to bring it back to life! You know what..."Opps, I did it again"...Another satisfaction that I really cherished. The problem was a dead RAM module. Luckily, I have an extra unit for replacement. Wa..lah...finished!! Something not going to be completed without doing a cleaning of my computer table. Scrubing + wiping + feather-dusting....now it looks brand new and I could turn my room into a SOHO in addition to my newly bought 6-in-1 Brother's Deskjet Printer.

3. SLIPPER CLEANING - Have you ever wash and scrub you own slipper? Some have never and some might only do it when it got wet. My mom has actually told me ample of times to clean it before taking my bath. Unfortunately, it came from the right ear and went straight to the left. I was shocked myself when I really did it. This time without her telling ( she will never going to do that again). Satisfied but it really took me so long before doing it. Pai seh....

4. FUNERALssss - To be exact, I have attended 2 funerals in a month. Both involved close relatives. Bad things do come in life and yet we must have the courage to accept it. Death is just another beginning of another life. May be a better one, no one knows. Of course there are griefs, and you cannot control the tears running out from there. It is ok to be sad but never let sadness be the cause of the deterioration of yourself.

5. KETAM TRIP - This was the very first time I stepped into an island where there is no beach or resort. It was actually a fisherman village where simple people stayed and the only transport is bicycle (though some got motor installed bicycle). With the breeze that slowly blew on my face, I have found a refreshing place to rest and relax. Though i am not willing to spend the rest of my life here but it is another breakaway from city life. In this small village, I found something really nice...FRIED ICE-CREAM. Though there are many places selling this delicacy, I never thought myself trying it in this island. Moving around is really tiring but I was satisfied ...ahhhhhhhhh...what a day.

Here comes to an end of my 5 exhaustion yet satisfactory task/chore/incident/mishap (what ever you call it). Start thinking now, what you actually miss out in life. Small things that you thought you can do it anytime will never be completed if you are not DETERMINED to make it happen. City life is very hectic where everyone is busy with their work (because work bring them fortune)...do spend some time...a small break ( not as long as mine) to EXECUTE the things you always wanted to do. Take action and make it happens.

Quote of the Day :
"Never let things that you can do today slip through to another day.."

No comments: