08 August 2007

4 Years Plan Series : Part 6 - Medication


A week of blogging is really exhausting yet it is exhilarating. You need to think, you need to re-digest what you think and you need to put the things that you think into words that people understand. Got what I mean? “Taihen muzukashi desu ne”..:-) Here and there I will be chipping in some Japanese word to share with you fellow readers. May be you could learn a few here too. I have spent the whole morning thinking what to write for today and I still could not get a topic. So while I was doing some gardening and then I came across a mini cabinet. This mini cabinet has once been my favourite storage. You know what; this is where my mom stored all the pills and medicine. It is like a First Aid Kit in the house. Since I graduated and started working, I have never opened it to grab anything before. Well, that does not mean I am not getting sick. The truth is I just did all the prevention I need to ensure a healthy lifestyle. Anyhow, I still caught some cold or flu now and then. Guess this is life, sometimes you enjoy sometimes you suffer.

Alright, let’s get back to this mini cabinet that I was talking just now. On this day 8th of August 2007, I opened the cabinet door once again. No no no…I am not sick. Just curious what mom has been hidden in this box all this while. Well..well..well, as predicted, I could see bottles of capsules and pills scrambled all over. As usual, I did the tidy up again. I took out all and check for the expiry date and the medication purposes for each of them. Some really does not come with expiry and some does not even come with name. I am wondering how mom can keep such things here for so long. I always told my mom not to take expired products just because she does not want to waste money. At the end of the day, the cost incurred when taking expired products will eventually end up higher than just throwing away those stuff. Don’t you think so, my fellow readers?

I did the sorting by expiry date and those medicines which still have good medication purposes. And I am trying to get rid of all those that are not relevant. Upon reading those labels, I came across pills that “traditionally treat symptom of” rheumatism, back pain, body heatiness, ulcers and joint-pain. After reading these, I suddenly have a very bad feeling about myself. How can mom has gone through this so long and now I started to regret not asking her “how are you today”, “are you doing fine”, “rainy day wor, your joint still pain or not?”. May be....we need not ask her everyday as it will be quite irritating though but occasionally will be great. Anyway, I never regret and still happy that I have been mom’s best companion all these years. Not forgetting too, she has once been my BEST companion too. It is hard for me to write this series though. But I would like to dedicate this to my mom for all her sacrifices. Oh dear, let me get some tissue first…..brb….

Now and then, we could see so many cases of family feud in newspaper. Even killing their loves one just because of their insanity! Just to highlight the topic for this series…MEDICATION….I am trying to bring this to everyone out there that the BEST MEDICATION is not seeing doctor everyday or having your annual check-up. It is more from the within. Care is so important that most people are lack of nowadays. For example, a cancer patient who can only wake up every morning and prepared for his/her chemotherapy. It is not because of the determination to live and the care from the people around him/her. Else it is not easy to get through all those sufferings. Even if they did not pass through the whole process, but what they got is care and love. Take Azean Irdawaty case for example...take her word " Don'tcry for me, Malaysia. Instead, send me positive energy. Let's tell this cancer to go to H*LL"...

So my fellow readers, let’s start this MEDICATION now. You do not have to do it too obviously; just surprise your family members now and then to show you CARE. Simple things like
> having a family luncheon once a week
> ask your dad/mom how is his/her check up this time
> tell you aunt/uncle that you are going to buy them lunch
> spend at least twice a week for dinner/supper with your wife/kids if you are really busy the entire week.

I knew some of you have already done so, so give yourself a thumb-up and keep it as consistence as possible. For those who just realize it is too long they did not spend time with their love ones (this does not mean you only spend time with your boyfriend/girlfriend though I know you spend all your time with them since they are your ONLY loved one), better make an effort now. It is never too late to start and if you never start then it will get late. Some might think I am talking nonsense here as this "idea" has been long known to everyone through forwarded emails..etc..etc.. Yeah nonsense that helps never deplete easily. Let this nonsense be a reminder then.

Oh dear, hope I got my point clear. This is getting too lengthy. My fellow readers will be nagging me for blah-ing so long. Alright, let me put a “comma” here first, no 'full-stop' yet. Till then sayonara

^Taihen muzukashi desu ne (Japanese) = too difficult leh
^Sayonara (Japanese) = byezzzzzz

Quote of the Day :
“The best medication IS care and love.”
^( I am using “IS” because care and love must come together..care without love is useless)

9 comments:

Faye said...

hey buddy,

I have been reading from part 1- 6, is so touching and i'm ur super fans.....Keep it up. who know 1 day u can b a good writter.....

GAMBATE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i kejar your part 1 till now, very interesting la...kejar macam kejar hk drama...i share your feeling in part 6...

Anonymous said...

your part 6 recall many of my memory where my house also got 1 metal medicine box..inside got tiger milk, i dun think anyone of you know and saw tis ubat before..pls dun ask me the usage, i tak tau pun. too bad when we moved out from the old house many of our antique items was left behind...i feel a bit regret for not keeping as much as i can :-(

Anonymous said...

Very touching....

Anonymous said...

I am your great fans...Please write more!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! better than harry potter

Prof H. said...

how come so many anomynous..hehe..Kindly let me know your nick so i can track my returning fans..haha..I am glad that you enjoy it. Thanks for your support...cheers

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PATRICK !!!! PATRICK THE BEST!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gambate...
Everyday one PART-rick makes the doctor goes away